This is what a recent study conducted by Marin Software claims. The study indicates that Smartphones are the latest media that you must use to reach your mobile audience, who not only uses them just for staying connected but also for making financial decisions. As more and more people are becoming dependant on mobile internet, scope of mobile ads is on a rise. When utilised appropriately, these devices can contribute to about 30% of your conversion! 30% is a big share and therefore, you must not ignore this medium while preparing your marketing budget.
- Most businesses haven’t yet taken mobile advertising seriously. This is because, until now most people used to use desktop devices to make online transactions. However, the above-mentioned study has found that this trend is changing fast. These days, mobile transactions have become equally secured and therefore, the convenience lovers have started using Smartphones to do financial transactions, including online shopping.
- The study conducted by Martin Software has concluded that one out of every three conversion that happens on Facebook is facilitated through a mobile device. The mobile ad conversion has increased 16% in the third quarter of 2014. This surge clearly indicates that mobile advertising has got a lot of potential that is yet to be explored. Therefore, you must tweak your marketing budget today and give it the importance that it deserves.
Another study conducted by Medialets also confirms similar results. The study confirms that mobile ads are effective and can actually get you an unexpectedly high conversion rate. It also found that:
- People are more likely to click on ads that appear on apps rather than the ads that appear on the mobile web.
- Not all ads and industry receive an equal response. Medialets study found that people are more likely to click on ads related to entertainment, travel, fun, etc. rather than clicking on serious ads related to retail, automotive, banking, etc. This is because, when people are using Smartphones they are usually moving and would not prefer to do something serious.
- Video ads usually don’t get good response. Almost 80% of the audience, do not watch the videos completely. This is the reason why you must have your call to action message at the beginning of the video. This way, you will be able to convert those customers who would otherwise have moved out.
- The trend of real-time placement of ads is soon going to be adopted for mobile advertisement as well. This means, automatic advertising i.e. programmatic will help you reach your specific target audience and get more conversions.
Apart from these two, there are plenty of other studies that confirm that mobile ads have got a lot of potential. If you are interested in knowing more, get in touch with us at 1300 641 849.