Your small business is off the ground and you’re ready to tackle your online presence. The question is: Where do you start? With endless possibilities, the task can seem a bit overwhelming at first. You may choose to hire online marketing professionals to build a foundation for success, but you’ll still want to understand the key elements of building a solid online presence. With an understanding of the process, you’ll be better equipped to launch your online business with a bang.
- Google Places: When it comes to local traffic, Google Places is essential. This local directory platform allows business submission, which allows you to be displayed to a massive market in your target area. To get started, you’ll fill out a short registration form and move through the verification process.Tip: In order to maximise the results of your Google Places listing, make sure you have a constant flow of customer reviews coming in. Reviews will help to establish your online reputation and gain new customer leads.
- TrueLocal: For Australian businesses, TrueLocal.com.au is the hub of local listings. Similar to Google Places, the TrueLocal registration process is simple and straightforward. You can add a profile image and a business summary.Tip: As a large directory, TrueLocal typically ranks high in Google and other search engines. Ensuring your listing is full of positive reviews will maximise your page’s exposure.
- Facebook: The king of social media networks, Facebook is a must for any business entity. Facebook makes it easy to get started – simply create a business page and complete all fields and you’re good to go. Allow your online marketing team to optimise your Facebook page to maximise exposure.Tip: Once your page is set up, invite friends, family, and colleagues to Like your page. Add a Like box onto your website to increase exposure.
- Twitter: This second largest social networking site allows businesses to connect with potential customers with ease. To get started, create an account for your business and use the business name as the username. Tip: Add a Follow button to your website once your profile is set up. This will encourage social sharing and increase followers.
- Google +: Although it had a bumpy start, Google + has become another “must” in the realm of social media online marketing. Setting up your page is simple and straightforward. Make sure you fill in all fields for maximum exposure.Tip: Once your Google + page is live, you’ll want to add a button to your website and blog to gain followers.
Search Engine Marketing: Get Started Now
For any business, an online presence is key to success. With many customers surfing the ‘net in search of products and services, your online marketing strategy will pave the way for success now and in the future. For assistance with your Australia web marketing strategy, contact Smart SEO.