Website design is at the core of a site visitor’s overall experience. From ease of navigation to overall appearance, there are many things to consider when designing your business website. While you are likely to hire professionals for small business web design in Australia, it’s still advisable to understand the basics so you can make the most of your experience. The best web design solutions will include a combination of key factors, maximising the customer experience and gaining much-needed search engine exposure. Here are 5 tips for web design solutions to help you get started.
- Title: This may seem basic, but some website names simply don’t work. It may not always be possible to utilise the exact business name as the website name. You’ll want to test it out and see how it works. Your title must be catchy, short, and related to your products/services. Time spent researching the title can translate to more success down the road.
- Columns: The layout of your page will play an important role in the overall experience of visitors. The home page is typically simple and streamlined. If you use too many columns, visitors can easily become overwhelmed and may leave the site right away. Talk to your web design experts about the various layouts that will work for you. Then consider how visitors to the site will react to various layouts. This will help you choose the formula for success.
- Colours: In some cases, businesses make the mistake of thinking colourful websites equate to eye-catching, high impact websites. Simply put, this is not the case. Most site visitors do want to see colour, but too much colour can be distracting, tacky, and detrimental to the overall experience. You’ll want to choose colours that partner with your logo well, but don’t detract from the content or message.
- Navigation: Navigation is crucial to the success of your site. If a visitor is unable to find his or her way around, they are not likely to stick around very long. You’ll want to include a link back to the homepage on every page, making it easy to navigate through the site. Your website designer can work with you to create unique navigation solutions site visitors will respond to.
- Content: The importance of content on a website cannot be emphasized enough. You must have valuable, high quality content on your website in order to build credibility and convey your message. It’s a good idea to include a bio or about page as well as a blog to add a more personal flavour to the site.
When you’re in search of the best web design solutions, contact Smart SEO. You’ll find everything you need to get your site off the ground and stand out from your competitors.