Just have your website designed last year? Did you use responsive web design? Okay, so let’s find out what it is and why you may want to reconsider your current website design.
Responsive web design Australia and other countries are turning to allows for your website to be fluid and react and morph to the screen on which it is being viewed. But that’s not all. Responsive web design also then reacts based on how you are viewing and adapts for how you will scroll and navigate throughout the site. It will understand you are using a mouse, or if you are using your finger.
Now you’re starting to see why responsive web design is kind of important for you company’s website. Here are 5 more reasons:
1. PC Sales On the Decline
Seems a little off, but it is true. PC sales are projected to be lower and your website was designed to be viewed on a PC.
2. Rising Sales in Tablets and Smart Phones
So where are all those sales going? People are turning to tablets and Smart Phones.
3. Mobile Market Research
Here are some recent statistics on mobile users’ habits:
- Smart Phones are within arm’s reach of their users 90 percent of the time.
- 70 percent of mobile searches take 1 hour to act as opposed to 70 percent of PC searches taking action in 1 month.
- Half of these mobile actions lead to purchases.
- Number of calls following a local search on a mobile: 61 percent
- Number of calls from mobile ads: 52 percent.
4. Two Specific Mobile Users’ Complaints
- 46 percent of mobile users have trouble viewing traditional websites
- 44 percent of mobile users complain of difficult navigation
These are the two things responsive web design addresses.
5. Google Thumbs Up
Google believes that web design best practices use responsive web design. Now you know why it is important and why responsive web design Sydney business are using have a better chance of getting noticed.